Sunday, February 15, 2015

LOVE

Have you ever been so happy and full of love that you feel like you could burst? My heart gets so overwhelmed with feelings of extreme joy that I think I cannot take anymore. It is the best feeling!

I often get full of joy when I go home to DeRidder. My family makes my heart soooo full because I love them soooooo much! I also get full of joy when I begin to think of my relationship with my boyfriend. I get so full of joy that it almost brings me to tears (happy tears!). I also get full of joy when I go to church. Sometimes the message that is being brought forth is just for me and it consumes my heart and makes my spirit so full! 

Love is so powerful! It can be so hard to describe a feeling that is so deep. I know that it feels so good to experience love in its purest form. I can only hope that everyone else can experience love the way that I have. 

Valentine's Day was yesterday and it makes me so happy to see everyone celebrate a holiday that is centered around love. Now, I know there are some people that are ANTI- Valentine's Day participants... you know, the ones that say it's a holiday created by florists and greeting card companies or it may be the ones that are single. Personally, I believe that sometimes as humans we need a holiday that prompts us to remember the people that are special to us and express our love. Many people stated, "Valentine's Day is just one day, but you should show love EVERYDAY". That is also true but we get so wrapped up in our everyday busy lives that we don't show how much our loved ones mean to us.

At the end of the day; the candy, cards, jewelry, dinner, etc that Valentine's Day brings is awesome. Some people go above and beyond to make that someone special know that they are loved. Valentine's Day may seem like a day reserved for your significant other but you can spread your love to everyone that holds a special place in your heart.

In the midst of all the sweet treats, flowers and food... My Valentine's Day wish is that everyone's heart is filled with love, so much love that you feel like you could burst. Though the feeling is not tangible, it is everlasting. What better Valentine's gift than a full heart?  Happy Valentines Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment