Thursday, November 21, 2013

Our Deepest Fear

So many days we go about our daily activities and just brush our hopes, dreams and aspirations aside. Life consumes us and then the dreams just wither away. Today while browsing through the internet, I came across a site "Cocoa Fab". If there was ever a website that encompasses everything that I look for on the web, this would be it. I have been completely engulfed by the content and depth of this amazing side. The site is a start-up from Angela Burt-Murray (former chief editor of Essence magazine) and her business partner. While reading one of her Letter to the Editor entries, she quoted Marianne Williamson's poem "Our Deepest Fear" It is as follows:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
This poem struck a nerve in me. I come up with great ideas but I never execute them. Why? Because the number 1 reason is that I let fear take over. For instance, this blog was supposed to be up and running on November 1st. I was so excited for it, then I started thinking of the reasons this was not a good idea: -I don't have very much writing experience. -I don't have time. -I can't find anything to write about. -Someone may laugh at me. Blah, blah, blah. I even wrote my first blog entry (late of course) and said that I would be participating in 30 Days of Thankfulness (I never did one day). My fear may be coupled with a little bit of procrastination but the bottom line is that I am being fearful instead of fearLESS.
Today is the beginning of me operating at my potential and telling fear to take a backseat. Join me on this journey to being the best me and being FEARLESS!Trust me, there is so much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment