Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What Would You Do?

A common theme that you may notice while reading my blog is that I love to peruse the Internet. I read the news online everyday, all day from multiple websites and I love how the information that I read triggers me to want to know more. This evening I was on Cocoafab.com (I will have to dedicate a special blog to this site because I love it!) and there was a web series featuring Vanessa Bell Calloway. She was having an intimate dinner party with friends and the question arose, "What would you be doing if you weren't pursuing your current career path?"
The question peaked my interest. What would I be doing? I am slowly but surely getting to the area of my career that I would like to be in. I know that I have a great interest in Communications and Public Relations. My current position is letting me flex my skills (lol) however there is this small piece of me that would like to teach later in life. I am also fascinated with the political arena, not the dirtiness of it all but how it works and how one decides to embark on this path. So what would I be doing if I was not a Public Information Officer for the great State of Louisiana? I would probably be teaching our youth, preferably 9-12th graders or maybe even College.
It does not hurt to fantasize about the "what ifs" the problem arises when you are completely unhappy with the "right now". I am a firm believer that I can be a public relations maven, a teacher, a professor and maybe even a city councilwoman. The roles may not be actual positions that I get paid for but I can pursue them during my lifetime. So, the question is.... "What would you be doing if you weren't pursuing your current career path?"

No comments:

Post a Comment