Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Monday

Good Morning! It is Monday morning and I am refreshed from an awesome weekend and ready to start the new week! Wait...you all don't get excited about Mondays?!? Most people don't and I don't understand why Mondays get such a bad image.



Let me tell you why I look forward to Mondays. Monday signals the beginning of the week. It's a new day to start fresh! I try to set goals each week and Monday is my starting line. I look forward to doing better. Whether it is making the decision to read my bible everyday that week, eat healthier, or exercise 5 out of 7 days... Monday is my starting point.

Monday also is the day after Sunday! I attend church on Sunday and most of the time after I hear the message I am challenged to do better. Yesterday I attended our jurisdictional church convention and the Bishop's message was entitled "Start Something". It connected with me instantly because I constantly try to make sure I am making a positive impact not only on my life but others around me. I can definitely improve and now I have been challenged.

I hear so much gloom and doom about Mondays via social media and everyday conversation. If  someone's day is not going according to plan, they blame it on Monday. If their car won't start or their alarm didn't go off, they blame it on Monday. Today, I am coming to the defense of Monday. I appreciate the newness that it brings. I appreciate the hopefulness. I appreciate the start of a day that was not promised to us. I appreciate Monday for letting me have the opportunity to make this week the best that it can be.

I challenge you all not to be apart of the crowd that has a negative case of "The Mondays". Use Monday as your ally and make this day the best that it can be! Happy Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment